Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions – O’Connell’s Grand Final Dining Competition
- The promoter of this Competition is Colonial Leisure Group ABN 96679795813 of 85 Dundas Place, Albert Park VIC 3207 (Promoter).
2. The following terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) apply for the O’Connell’s Grand Final Dining Competition (Competition) to be conducted by the Promoter.
3. Information on how to enter the Competition and the Prize available form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in the Competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the entrant.
4. Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions are void. Entries will be deemed void if stolen, forged, mutilated, or tampered with in any way.
5. Entry is open to Australian residents except residents of the Northern Territory. Directors, officers, management, and employees of the Promoter (and their immediate families and friends), or agencies or companies associated with or connected to the provision of the Competition in any way, are ineligible to enter. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de- facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step- brother, step-sister or first cousin.
6. The Competition commences at 9am (AEST) on 24th August 2022 and closes at 5pm (AEST) on 10 September 2022 (Competition Period).
Method of Entry
7. To enter, entrants must:
a. Dine at O’Connell’s during the Competition Period
b. Mention the competition and complete a competition entry form providing name, surname, email address and phone number, (together, the Registration Process).
8. It is the responsibility of the entrants to ensure that their contact details provided through the Registration Process are correct and to notify the Promoter of any changes to their contact details prior to the date of announcing the Winner .
The Promoter will not be liable if it cannot contact any entrant because of any incorrect contact details provided to it by an entrant.
9. Entries will be deemed accepted once the Registration Process is completed.
10. Entrants must be 18 years or over at the time of the entry being completed.
11. Entries must be received within the Competition Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time they are received by the Promoter’s database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence, whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, technical disruptions, network congestion, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including, without limitation, costs incurred. The Promoter reserves the right to extend the Competition Period at its own discretion and subject to any relevant legislation.
12. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
13. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason.
14. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the Registration Process. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
15. The Promoter, in its sole discretion, will determine one (1) winner in total (the Winner). The Winner will receive a prize, as set out in clause 16 below.
16. The entry that is selected by a random draw by the Promoter will win the following Prize, at the discretion of the Promoter:
a. The O’Connell’s Grand Final Dining Prize, which includes:
i. All inclusive lunch for 10 people on Grand Final Day
With a total prize value of approximately $3,000 (together, the Prize). The Winner agrees to comply with and be bound by the terms and conditions of O’Connell’s upon redemption of the Prize.
17. The Prize is to be redeemed on 24 September 2022.
18. The Prize (or any part of it) is not transferrable or exchangeable or redeemable for cash. The Prize value is in Australian dollars inclusive of GST based upon the recommended retail value of the Prize components at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of any part of the Prize between now and the Prize redemption date.
19. If any part of a Prize is unavailable, for any reason (including unforeseeable or other special circumstances), the Promoter, in its absolute and sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize or any part of the Prize for a prize of equal value and/or specification. To the extent permitted by law:
a. the Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the suitability of the Prize; and
b. no compensation will be payable if, for any reason, the Winner is unable to use the Prize as stated.
20. If there is a dispute as to claiming the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to determine the outcome of the dispute.
21. It is the responsibility of the Winner to cover the costs of any additional out-of-pocket expenses associated with redeeming the Prize over and above packaging and delivery of the Prize to the Winner.
22. Unless expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions, the Winner is responsible for all other expenses.
23. The Competition will be a game of chance and the selection of the Winner will be by random draw by the Promoter from all the entrants who have completed their entry in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Entries will be placed into a random draw and the Winner will be chosen at random from all eligible, valid and complete entries received. All entrants will have an equal chance of being drawn.
24. The draw will take place either at the offices of the Promoter at 85 Dundas Place Level 2, Albert Park VIC 3207 or virtually on 24 September at 12pm (AEST). The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid or ineligible entry is drawn.
25. The entrants will be notified via email if the conduct of the Competition is changed (including when it is to take place) at least 5 days before the scheduled time for the draw.
26. The Winner will be notified via email on 11 September 2022.
- If the Winner fails to respond to the Promoter’s email or contact the Promoter by 5pm (AEST) on 13 September, the Promoter will reserve the right to select an alternative Winner (Redraw).
28. In the case where a Redraw is required, the entries will be assessed and selected by 5pm (AEST) on 14 September There will be a maximum of one Winner selected in total. The Redraw will take place at the offices of the Promoter at 85 Dundas Place Level 2, Albert Park VIC 3207 or virtually.
29. The Winner of the Redraw will be notified via email on 14 September.
30. The Winner of the Redraw will receive the Prize, as set out in clause 22, at the discretion of the Promoter.
31. The Promoter may in its sole and absolute discretion deem a “winning” entry invalid after the Winner is notified or their name is announced if it is discovered that the Winner did not enter the Competition in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. In those circumstances, the Promoter will reserve the right to Redraw.
32. The Promoter’s decision is final, and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the result.
33. If there is a dispute as to the conduct of the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to determine the outcome of the dispute.
60. All entry details become the property of the Promoter. By entering the Competition, each entrant is taken as giving consent to the Promoter collecting and using the entrant’s personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition (including for the purpose of identifying, notifying and announcing the Winner). Without limiting the foregoing, the Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information to other parties assisting in the administration of the Competition, including to the Promoter’s related entities, Prize suppliers, external service providers, authorities that regulate this Competition and third parties as required by law. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, the entrant consents to the Promoter, its related entities and business partners (as applicable) using the entrants’ personal information for the purpose of sending direct marketing messages with respect to programs, products and services available through any of all of them.
61. In addition to the privacy term set out above, if the entrant has ticked the “opt-in” box, the Promoter may also use personal information entrants provide to send information about the Promoters products and services (including via electronic means), and may disclose the information to its related bodies corporate, agencies and contractors (including call centres, advertising agencies and direct mail houses) the Promoter engages for that purpose.